Free Excel Macro and VBA Video Course
Join hundreds of thousands of Excel Power Users who have learned about Excel Macros and VBA with our Training Materials
No programming experience?
This Course is designed with the macro beginner in mind.
Short on time?
This Course's 3 lessons take (only) slightly more than 1 hour.
Need to practice?
Lessons 2 are 3 are accompanied by several example Excel workbooks.
My problem is, I learn by doing, not so much from reading about commands. So, I pretty much learn how to do something but sometimes lack the basics. I find this course helpful in taking me back to the basics. Thanks much for a well produce and informative course.
I found this tutorial to be helpful. It provided me with an understanding of Objects and Properties in VBA. I previously took an excel MS Excel VBA fundamentals course (...) and did not get this basic understanding (...).
Thank you for making this clear.
In 3 video lessons, you learn (among others):
- What macros and VBA are.
- Some of the main reasons for learning how to work with macros and VBA.
- How to set up Excel to start working with macros and VBA.
- How to easily start working with macros and VBA, even if you have no previous experience with:
- VBA; or
- The step-by-step process you follow to create macros without programming.
- How to start working with the programming environment you use when dealing with VBA.
- The basic structure of the VBA code behind a recorded macro.
- The basic components of the VBA language used by most recorded macros.
I use Macros/VBA with Excel, Word and especially Access. I think I have some pretty good experience with these tools. My background is as a coder going back to 2nd generation computers. With this background, on this video, I learned something (...). Thanks for teaching an old dog new tricks.
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions
Is this Course free?
Yes. The Get Started with Excel Macros and VBA in 3 Days Course is completely free.
I hope you:
- Enjoy and learn a lot from the Get Started with Excel Macros and VBA in 3 Days Course; and
- After completing the Course, consider:
- Continuing being a member of the Power Spreadsheets Community.
- Enrolling in one of my Premium Excel Macros and VBA Courses.
How do I access the Course lessons?
The Get Started with Excel Macros and VBA in 3 Days Course is part of the Power Spreadsheets Newsletter.
I'll send the 3 Course lessons to your email inbox over the Course of (roughly) 1 week. You'll receive an email with the first lesson shortly after subscribing to the Power Spreadsheets Newsletter.
Is this Course for beginners? Do I need to have any particular experience/knowledge to take this Course?
I've designed the Get Started with Excel Macros and VBA in 3 Days Course with the macro beginner in mind.
You should have a reasonably good grasp of Excel.
However, you don't need to:
- Be an advanced Excel user; or
- Have any experience or knowledge about:
- VBA; or
- Programming of any kind.
In other words: If you have a reasonable working knowledge of Excel and want to learn how you can start automating Excel with macros and VBA, you're ready for the Get Started with Excel Macros and VBA in 3 Days Course!
Is this Course for Mac or Windows?
This Course is designed for Excel for Windows.
What Excel version do I need?
I recorded this Course on a computer:
- Running Windows 10; and
- Using Excel 365.
If you don't have Microsoft 365, don't worry. You should be able to follow the Get Started with Excel Macros and VBA in 3 Days Course if you have Excel 2013, 2016, 2019, or 2021.
How long is this Course?
This Course has 3 lessons. You'll receive these 3 lessons over the Course of (roughly) 1 week.
The total length of the video lessons is slightly more than 1 hour.