Easily learn how to work with VBA's fundamental constructs and structures to automate Excel
The VBA Fundamentals video courses (Part I and II) are my founding courses on Excel VBA.
VBA Fundamentals helps you gain the knowledge you need to work with the most important and fundamental VBA constructs.
By the end of the VBA Fundamentals (Part II) video course, you should be able to:
- Understand how to approach and tackle most common practical problems and situations you may face when working with macros and VBA; and
- Automate most Excel tasks by appropriately working with, and leveraging, VBA.
VBA Fundamentals (also) helps you build a solid knowledge basis (in Excel macros and VBA) you can build onto as you learn about more advanced VBA and Excel Development:
- Concepts; and
Join hundreds of Excel users from all walks of life (including students, professionals, and retirees) who have learned about Excel macros and VBA with the Training Materials in the Power Spreadsheets Academy.
I am looking forward to bringing this project to fruition and I am amazed at the power and versatility of the VBA code and what is possible. This is only the beginning and as a flight examiner once told me, obtaining your pilot's license is your ticket to learn and the same holds true for VBA coding.
Thank you. I just became very interested while hearing from you the many benefits excel macros and vba has to offer. I'm an accountant and just realized the many missed opportunities. I guess it doesn't hurt grabbing this wonderful chance of a lifetime.
Training Bundle Information
I designed VBA Fundamentals with the VBA beginner in mind. If:
- You're an Excel macro user with basic knowledge of Excel macros and VBA (as covered in my Excel Macros for Beginners video course);
- You want to take your knowledge of Excel macros and VBA to the next level (by mastering VBA's fundamental constructs and structures); and
- You're looking for help with each step along the way;
The VBA Fundamentals Training Bundle is for you.
I have some experience with VBA but do not believe I am using it efficiently. I spend too much time on the net trying to learn how to do certain tasks. I prefer a more organized learning method such as your program.
I just wanted to let you know that I think I am starting to understand VBA as I have been successfully writing complex code and it has been working and that has made me rather excited!
Training Materials included in VBA Fundamentals
(1) VBA Fundamentals Part I video course and VBA Fundamentals (Part II) video course (USD 300 value), including downloadable HD course videos.
- The main Excel VBA constructs and structures explained in plain English.
- Tons of tips and tricks.
(2) Example Excel workbooks (USD 100 value) with the:
- Data; and
- VBA code;
I display in the VBA Fundamentals video courses.
(3) Course transcripts and slide decks in PDF format (USD 100 value).
Just wanted to share the great news of completing my first work related VBA coding for a major customer concern by eliminating the manual data entry of technical data. All in all, the code covered more than 40 pages but it works like a charm. In terms of improving the overall efficiency. it reduced the total time to accomplish this task from 45 minutes down to less than 20 seconds. I cannot thank you enough for your tutorials and on-going VBA course which has been invaluable. Keep up the excellent work and thanks again for your support.
VBA Fundamentals (Part I) and VBA Fundamentals (Part II) Video Course Curriculums
VBA Fundamentals (Part I) has 247 videos (8+ hours), divided into the following modules:
- Welcome! Please Start Here: 5 videos (27:42).
- Procedures and Sub procedures: 11 videos (20:23).
- The structure of a VBA statement: 13 videos (23:14)
- Objects: 34 videos (1:30:01).
- Properties and methods: 46 videos (1:17:15).
- The With… End With Statement: 14 videos (23:42).
- Formulas and Cell References: 14 videos (24:48).
- Expressions and operators: 14 videos (23:50).
- Variables and data types: 30 videos (1:22:29).
- Variable scope and lifetime: 19 videos (30:01).
- Object variables: 9 videos (18:21).
- Constants: 13 videos (19:55).
- Arrays: 24 videos (34:47).
- Course Wrap-Up: 1 video (12:18).
VBA Fundamentals (Part II) has 201 videos (8+ hours), divided into the following modules:
- Welcome! Please Start Here: 1 video (12:10).
- Call Procedures and Pass Data Between Procedures: 18 videos (41:47).
- Work with Functions in VBA: 27 videos (53:43).
- Create User-Defined Functions: 43 videos (1:33:53).
- Control Code Execution: Introduction: 5 videos (10:08).
- Control Code Execution: Conditionally Execute Statements: 20 videos (1:00:55).
- Control Code Execution: Handle Errors: 22 videos (52:49).
- Control Code Execution: Repeat a Set of Statements: 35 videos (2:00:33).
- Create Automatic Procedures: 29 videos (1:16:18).
- Course Wrap-Up: 1 video (8:05).
(...) when you asked if I would like to subscribe to your VBA fundamentals course I hesitated then decided to go for it. I'm very happy that I did and would recommend your course to anyone who asks!
Bonus #1: A substantial price discount.
Lock immediate savings as a "thank you" for enrolling now. These savings are (already) reflected in the prices displayed on this webpage.
You were the only instructor for excel macros that I have seen that has offered so much in his introduction to excel macros course and has been very good at their explanations.
Great resources and great value.
Bonus #2: Access to my Excel Macros for Beginners video course (USD 300 value).
Excel Macros for Beginners is my introductory-level course on Excel macros and VBA.
- 60 downloadable HD course videos.
- 9+ hours of video content.
- Includes companion files:
- Example Excel workbooks.
- Slide decks.
You can learn more about Excel Macros for Beginners here.
It’s actually going well – I did decide to back up and review the Macro course. Your teaching style is good.
I am enjoying the course very much! I am actually doing the Excel macros for Beginners (77%) to ensure I have a firm foundation before getting too deep into the VBA fundamentals.
I am learning some things that have been overlooked in other courses I have taken. Your presentation on the Object hierarchy helped greatly in understanding some online VBA examples.
Bonus #3: Access to all books inside the Power Spreadsheets Library (USD 99.8 value).
- 20 comprehensive and actionable step-by-step eBooks in PDF format.
- 72 example Excel workbooks.
- 1 PDF cheat sheet.
- 1 example PDF file.
Learn more about the Power Spreadsheets Library here.
Where was this guy years ago? Author does a great job of explaining precisely what the book is about. Would love to see a comprehensive book by this guy! His approach is orchestrated for learners; in language that is easy to understand for learners. Well done.
Bonus #4: Access to the Excel Examples and Cheat Sheets Collection (USD 100 value).
Most Tutorials at Power Spreadsheets are accompanied by files. Depending on the Tutorial, these may include:
- Example Excel workbook(s) and/or PDF file(s) with the data or VBA code I display in the Tutorial.
- Cheat sheet(s).
The Excel Examples and Cheat Sheets Collection gives you convenient access to all these companion files in a single place.
Bonus #5: Access (inside the Power Spreadsheets Academy) to the following 2 bonus courses (USD 100 value):
- The Get Started with Excel Macros and VBA in 3 Days video course.
- As implied by its title, in this course, you learn how to get started with Excel macros and VBA in 3 days.
- The VBA Basics text-only course.
- VBA Basics is a text-only course for VBA beginners.
It is a wonderful detailed introduction in a simple and understandable way. thank you.
Love the courses/lessons. They have assisted me in understanding and writing VBA code.
Bonus #6: Expert support (USD 147+ value).
If there's anything in the VBA Fundamentals video course or other Training Materials included in the VBA Fundamentals Training Bundle that you don't understand:
- Ask questions; and
- Get advice.
You can do this:
- Through the Course software; or
- By email.
It is refreshing to find someone who shows concern about the satisfaction of their clients as do you. I thank you for that.
Thanks for the continued support. I really appreciated it!!
Note: There are some limitations to these support services. For example, we can't (i) complete, (ii) partially develop, (iii) fully develop, (iv) provide advice in connection with, nor (v) answer questions in connection with, any of the following (or anything similar) for you: (i) macros, (ii) VBA procedures, (iii) VBA Projects, (iv) VBA Applications, (v) homework/work/employment assignments. We also can't answer questions on topics not covered inside the Training Materials included in the VBA Fundamentals Training Bundle. We're happy to answer qualitative and technical questions that are related to the Training Materials included in the VBA Fundamentals Training Bundle.
Bonus #7: Help shape the future of the Power Spreadsheets Academy.
You can help me shape (through your advice, comments, questions, and suggestions) the future of the Power Spreadsheets Academy.
I'm constantly making improvements to the Power Spreadsheets Academy. Any improvements I make to the VBA Fundamentals Training Bundle during the term of your Membership and based on your feedback will benefit you.
Bonus #8 (if your email address is eligible): Automatic one-time subscription to The Power Spreadsheets Newsletter.
Get updates and resources to help you be more efficient and work faster with Excel. You can unsubscribe anytime.
Hi, I'm J!
I'm the creator of Power Spreadsheets and (among others) VBA Fundamentals. I've been working with, and teaching about, Excel, macros, and VBA for several years.
Nowadays, I spend most of my time working on and researching about:
- Macros; and
However, this wasn't always the case.
Prior to mastering Excel, macros, and VBA, I (also) faced common self-limiting beliefs and doubts:
- I thought that I would never be able to learn how to program; and
- I believed that (only) "certain" people could master tools like macros, and VBA.
My own experience showed me these self-limiting beliefs were wrong. Despite coming from a non-technical background and having no programming experience, I mastered Excel:
- Macros; and
When I started learning about Excel macros, and VBA on my own, I took the long and difficult route. I invested thousands of hours:
- Reading books and blogs;
- Watching video lessons; and
- Visiting online forums.
This trial-and-error approach was flawed. It made the experience:
- Difficult; and
- Less fulfilling.
And that's not even considering the time and money I lost. During my time helping thousands of people, just like you, at Power Spreadsheets, I've noticed that (unfortunately) most of them make similar mistakes to the ones I did.
This is one of the main reasons why I'm constantly developing and refining my training materials.
- I want to save you the:
- Trial and error; and
- I want to teach you how to use macros and VBA:
- Easily; and
I'm convinced that, if I could overcome my limitations and self-limiting beliefs to master Excel macros and VBA, you also can. I didn't have any unique gifts, traits, or experiences to indicate that I would be able to become an authority in the field of Excel macros and VBA.
I'm (also) convinced that you can master macros and VBA without making the same mistakes I, and thousands of others, made.
My experience has allowed me to identify the approaches and processes that work best to learn how to automate Excel with macros and VBA. I know what it takes to take you:
- From a complete beginner with absolutely no knowledge about macros and VBA;
- To a confident Power User who's able to create powerful VBA Applications.
I first applied the learning techniques and strategies I use in the VBA Fundamentals Training Bundle to my own process of mastering Excel VBA. In other words: I've created the Training Bundle I would've found most useful when I started to learn about this topic.
My experience with macros is similar to yours. I have had some exposure in utilizing macros that others have built but just kind of flag it as something I never learned and therefore cannot do. Something like you say only nerdy people can do. It's time to just get on with it and learn how.
I am really impressed by your road to this amazing knowledge and the challenges you endured to achieve this mastery level of excel knowledge. This give me the strong heart to overcome my believes too and hope to be like you soon. Everything is possible after I learn about your experience.
My work in Excel, macros, and VBA is quoted, and referred to, by Excel, macro, and VBA users (of all levels) at the largest, most reliable, and most prestigious Excel and VBA discussion forums and websites, including the following.
The Training Materials inside the Power Spreadsheets Academy are so detailed and thorough that members come from:
- Top-ranked universities; and
- Top-tier companies.
Here's a small selection of schools and companies where students and professionals have used the Power Spreadsheets Academy.
Note: Students, employees, or other parties related to these organizations have enrolled in the Power Spreadsheets Academy. These organizations do not endorse, approve, sponsor, or otherwise have any affiliation with the VBA Fundamentals Training Bundle or Power Spreadsheets.
My 30-Day No-Questions-Asked Money-Back Guarantee Means You Take No Risk
I'm happy to offer you the opportunity to take 30 days (from the date of your initial enrollment) to evaluate everything inside VBA Fundamentals. If you're not 100% satisfied, contact me before the end of this 30-day period and ask for your money back. I'll refund your investment, no questions asked.
There is absolutely no risk to you within these 30 days (from the date of your initial enrollment): You can ask for your money back for any reason whatsoever -or for no reason at all.
I trust (both) you and VBA Fundamentals. I stand behind the quality of the Training Materials. I'm confident that, if you put in the work, you'll learn how to work with Excel macros. In other words: I'm confident that:
- VBA Fundamentals will deliver a lot of value; and
- You'll find VBA Fundamentals worth a lot more than what you're paying.
Learn how to start automating Excel with macros now!
ONE (1) YEAR MEMBERSHIP TO THE VBA FUNDAMENTALS
THREE (3) YEAR MEMBERSHIP TO THE PSA PLATINUM TRAINING BUNDLE
1 payment of 2,046.8+ 497
4 monthly payments of 511.7+ 147 each
Prices above are in USD and do not include taxes (if applicable).
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions
How do I access the Training Materials included in the VBA Fundamentals Training Bundle after enrollment?
You can access the Training Materials included in the VBA Fundamentals Training Bundle through the Power Spreadsheets Academy.
You can log into the Power Spreadsheets Academy (using the account you created when enrolling) by going to PowerSpreadsheets.com/login.
Can I access the VBA Fundamentals (Part I and Part II) Video Courses from anywhere?
You can watch the video lessons on any device. For the best experience possible, I suggest you watch these amazing HD videos on a desktop browser.
How long do I have access to the Training Materials?
You'll have access to the Training Materials included in the VBA Fundamentals Training Bundle for one (1) year, starting on the date of your initial enrollment. After this one (1) year Membership term, your Membership (and access) to the VBA Fundamentals Training Bundle and all associated Training Materials (including all Bonuses) will end (automatically).
Can I download the Training Materials?
You can download all the Training Materials included in the VBA Fundamentals Training Bundle.
- Slide decks.
- Example Excel workbooks.
- Cheat sheet(s).
Is VBA Fundamentals for beginners? Do I need to have any particular experience/knowledge to use the Training Materials included in the VBA Fundamentals Training Bundle?
I designed the VBA Fundamentals video courses with the VBA beginner in mind.
In other words:
- I assume you're an Excel macro user with basic knowledge of Excel macros and VBA (as covered in my Excel Macros for Beginners video course).
- The first lessons in the VBA Fundamentals (Part I) video course pick up roughly where the Excel Macros for Beginners video course ends.
If you don't know the basics of working with Excel macros and VBA as covered in Excel Macros for Beginners, don't worry!
One of the bonuses you get when enrolling in VBA Fundamentals is access to the Excel Macros for Beginners Training Bundle. I designed the Excel Macros for Beginners video course with the macro beginner in mind. You should have a reasonably good grasp of Excel.
However, you don't need to:
- Be an advanced Excel user; or
- Have any experience or knowledge about:
- VBA; or
- Programming of any kind.
Are these Training Materials for Mac or Windows?
I designed the VBA Fundamentals Training Bundle for Excel for Windows.
What Excel version do I need?
I recorded the VBA Fundamentals video course, and prepared the Training Materials included in the VBA Fundamentals Training Bundle, on a computer:
- Running Windows; and
- Using Excel 365.
I suggest working with the most recent version of Excel for Windows. With Microsoft 365, you can (always) access the most recent version of Excel.
If you don't have Microsoft 365, don't worry. You should be able to follow the Training Materials if you have Excel 2013 or later.
How long are the VBA Fundamentals Video Courses?
The VBA Fundamentals video courses is self-paced.
- There are 448 video lessons. The total length of these video lessons is slightly more than 17 hours (approximately 17:19:07).
- The average video lesson length is approximately 2:12. The median video lesson length is approximately 1:51.
- The shortest video lesson is approximately 00:16.
- The longest video lesson is approximately 12:18.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept the following payment methods:
- Major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover).
- Apple Pay or Google Pay (if available on your device).
How is my credit card payment processed?
Teachable is the Payment Collection Agent for the Power Spreadsheets Academy. Teachable is an online course platform used by more than 100,000 content creators who've sold over $1 billion in online courses and coaching.
Teachable uses Stripe to process credit and debit card transactions. Stripe is a secure payment gateway used to process billions of Dollars in payments each year for companies like Kickstarter, Twitter, Instacart, and Lyft.
We (at Power Spreadsheets) don't have access to (nor see) your credit card information.
What if I'm unhappy with the Training Materials?
Oh no! I don’t want you to be unhappy with the Training Materials.
If you're unhappy with the Training Materials (for any reason), please let me know within the thirty (30) days immediately following your initial enrollment and I'll refund your payment.
What do I do if I need help or have more questions?
If you have questions related to the VBA Fundamentals Training Bundle, please contact me:
- By replying to any of the emails I send you (if you're already part of the Power Spreadsheets Newsletter); or
- Through the Contact Form here.
I do my best to answer your question(s) within 1 business day.