Quickly learn how to start automating Excel with macros and VBA
The Excel Macros for Beginners video course is my introductory-level course on Excel macros and VBA.
Excel Macros for Beginners gives you an easy, but effective, introduction to the topics of Excel:
- Macros; and
By the end of the Excel Macros for Beginners video course, you should be able to create, and work with, basic (but powerful) Excel macros.
Excel Macros for Beginners (also) helps you build a solid knowledge foundation in Excel macros and VBA. Throughout the Excel Macros for Beginners video course, you learn about fundamental principles, tools, features, techniques, and strategies that help you tackle more advanced macro and VBA topics and challenges in the future.
Join hundreds of Excel users from all walks of life (including students, professionals, and retirees) who have learned about Excel macros and VBA with the Training Materials in the Power Spreadsheets Academy.
I am looking forward to bringing this project to fruition and I am amazed at the power and versatility of the VBA code and what is possible. This is only the beginning and as a flight examiner once told me, obtaining your pilot's license is your ticket to learn and the same holds true for VBA coding.
Thank you. I just became very interested while hearing from you the many benefits excel macros and vba has to offer. I'm an accountant and just realized the many missed opportunities. I guess it doesn't hurt grabbing this wonderful chance of a lifetime.
Training Bundle Information
I designed Excel Macros for Beginners with the macro beginner in mind. If:
- You're an Excel user with little or no experience with (or knowledge of) Excel macros; and
- You're looking for help with each step along the way;
The Excel Macros for Beginners Training Bundle is for you.
I have some experience with VBA but do not believe I am using it efficiently. I spend too much time on the net trying to learn how to do certain tasks. I prefer a more organized learning method such as your program.
I just wanted to let you know that I think I am starting to understand VBA as I have been successfully writing complex code and it has been working and that has made me rather excited!
Training Materials included in Excel Macros for Beginners
(1) Excel Macros for Beginners video course (USD 300 value), including downloadable HD course videos.
- The main Excel macro tools, features, constructs, and structures explained in plain English.
- Tons of tips and tricks.
(2) Example Excel workbooks (USD 100 value) with the:
- Data; and
- VBA code;
I display in the Excel Macros for Beginners video course.
(3) Course transcripts and slide decks in PDF format (USD 100 value).
It’s actually going well – I did decide to back up and review the Macro course. Your teaching style is good.
As an aside, and more importantly, I am able to easily understand the concepts your are sharing.
Excel Macros for Beginners Video Course Curriculum
60 videos (9+ hours), organized as follows:
(0) Welcome! Please Start Here (40:48).
- Lesson 1: How to Use the Course Software (8:00).
- Lesson 2: Main Purpose of Excel Macros for Beginners (6:36).
- Lesson 3: The VBA Project You Develop (8:20).
- Lesson 4: Course Structure (17:52).
(1) Module 1: Introduction to Macros and VBA (49:03).
- Lesson 1: What are Macros and VBA (8:49).
- Lesson 2: Why Learn and Use Macros and VBA (18:16).
- Lesson 3: Considerations when Working with VBA (9:00).
- Lesson 4: How to Approach Learning Macros and VBA (12:58).
(2) Module 2: Set Up Excel to Work with Macros (4:09).
- Lesson: Set Up Excel to Work with Macros (4:09).
(3) Module 3: Macro Security (25:18).
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Macro Security (6:11).
- Lesson 2: Enable or Disable Macros (7:40).
- Bonus Lesson 3: Trusted Locations and Publishers (4:48).
- Lesson 4: Save Workbooks with Macros (6:39).
(4) Module 4: Record Macros (51:41).
- Lesson 1: Introduction to the Macro Recorder (5:45).
- Lesson 2: Absolute and Relative References (13:26).
- Lesson 3: Record a Macro (7:41).
- Exercise Lesson 3: Record a Macro (3:06).
- Bonus Lesson 4: The Personal Macro Workbook (3:25).
- Lesson 5: When to Use the Macro Recorder (18:18).
(5) Module 5: Execute Macros (41:43).
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Macro Execution (6:25).
- Lesson 2: Execute Macros with Keyboard Shortcuts (10:14).
- Exercise Lesson 2: Execute Macros with Keyboard Shortcuts (4:05).
- Lesson 3: Execute Macros by Clicking on Buttons or Other Elements (9:47).
- Bonus Lesson 4: Execute Macros from the Quick Access Toolbar or the Ribbon (8:14).
- Lesson 5: Execute Macros from the Macro Dialog Box (2:58).
(6) Module 6: Delete Macros (2:02).
- Lesson: Delete Macros (2:02).
(7) Module 7: The Visual Basic Editor (51:40).
- Lesson 1: Introduction to the Visual Basic Editor (9:29).
- Lesson 2: Open the VBE (2:53).
- Lesson 3: The Project Explorer (6:56).
- Lesson 4: Work with Modules (9:41).
- Lesson 5: The Code Window (11:10).
- Bonus Lesson 6: Introduction to Customizing the VBE and Customizing VBE Windows (11:31).
(8) Module 8: Work with VBA (2:05:27).
- Lesson 1: Introduction to the Basic Elements of VBA (9:13).
- Lesson 2: The Basic Structure of a VBA Statement (5:19).
- Exercise Lesson 2: The Basic Structure of a VBA Statement (21:37).
- Lesson 3: The With... End With Statement (8:34).
- Exercise Lesson 3: The With... End With Statement (3:03).
- Bonus Lesson 4: How the Macro Recorder Translates Your Actions to VBA (5:31).
- Bonus Exercise Lesson 4: How the Macro Recorder Translates Your Actions to VBA (3:19).
- Bonus Lesson 5: Step Through Code (7:53).
- Lesson 6: Delete Macros or Edit VBA Code (9:25).
- Exercise Lesson 6: Delete Macros or Edit VBA Code (14:43).
- Lesson 7: How the Macro Recorder Refers to Cell Ranges (15:06).
- Exercise Lesson 7: How the Macro Recorder Refers to Cell Ranges (21:44).
(9) Module 9: Code Formatting, Organization and Review (34:37).
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Editor Tab Settings and Auto Syntax Check (8:52).
- Bonus Lesson 2: Editor Format Settings (6:15).
- Lesson 3: Code Formatting and Organization Practices (10:09).
- Lesson 4: Comments (9:21).
(10) Module 10: Tools for Creating Macros from Scratch (1:03:54).
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Tools for Creating Macros from Scratch (3:44).
- Lesson 2: Revisiting the Macro Recorder (4:52).
- Lesson 3: VBA's Help System, Microsoft Developer Network and Office Dev Center (13:41).
- Bonus Lesson 4: The Object Browser (11:29).
- Bonus Lesson 5: Auto List Members, Complete Word and Auto Quick Info (10:45).
- Bonus Lesson 6: The Immediate Window (10:03).
- Lesson 7: Use VBA Code from Experts (9:20).
(11) Module 11: Complete Your VBA Project (38:08).
- Lesson 1: Make Macros Work Together (5:05).
- Lesson 2: Structure Your VBA Project (12:40).
- Exercise Lesson 2: Structure Your VBA Project (20:23).
(12) Course Wrap-Up (16:49).
- Lesson 1: Course Wrap-Up (9:35).
- Lesson 2: What's Next (7:14).
I am enjoying the course very much! I am actually doing the Excel macros for Beginners (77%) to ensure I have a firm foundation before getting too deep into the VBA fundamentals.
I am learning some things that have been overlooked in other courses I have taken. Your presentation on the Object hierarchy helped greatly in understanding some online VBA examples.
(...) I am really enjoying the course and I am learning a ton of good things. Another selling point of your course is that not only do you learn about VBA and macros, but you also provide a lot of good pointers on shortcut keys across the board.
Bonus #1: A substantial price discount.
Lock immediate savings as a "thank you" for enrolling now. These savings are (already) reflected in the prices displayed on this webpage.
You were the only instructor for excel macros that I have seen that has offered so much in his introduction to excel macros course and has been very good at their explanations.
Great resources and great value.
Bonus #2: Access to my VBA Fundamentals (Part I and Part II) video courses (USD 300 value).
VBA Fundamentals is my video course bundle for Excel VBA beginners.
- 448 downloadable HD course videos.
- 17+ hours of video content.
- Includes companion files:
- Example Excel workbooks.
- Slide decks.
- 1 Cheat sheet.
Learn more about VBA Fundamentals here.
(...) when you asked if I would like to subscribe to your VBA fundamentals course I hesitated then decided to go for it. I'm very happy that I did and would recommend your course to anyone who asks!
Bonus #3: Access to all books inside the Power Spreadsheets Library (USD 99.8 value).
- 20 comprehensive and actionable step-by-step eBooks in PDF format.
- 72 example Excel workbooks.
- 1 PDF cheat sheet.
- 1 example PDF file.
Learn more about the Power Spreadsheets Library here.
Where was this guy years ago? Author does a great job of explaining precisely what the book is about. Would love to see a comprehensive book by this guy! His approach is orchestrated for learners; in language that is easy to understand for learners. Well done.
Bonus #4: Access to the Excel Examples and Cheat Sheets Collection (USD 100 value).
Most Tutorials at Power Spreadsheets are accompanied by files. Depending on the Tutorial, these may include:
- Example Excel workbook(s) and/or PDF file(s) with the data or VBA code I display in the Tutorial.
- Cheat sheet(s).
The Excel Examples and Cheat Sheets Collection gives you convenient access to all these companion files in a single place.
Bonus #5: Access (inside the Power Spreadsheets Academy) to the following 2 bonus courses (USD 100 value):
- The Get Started with Excel Macros and VBA in 3 Days video course.
- As implied by its title, in this course, you learn how to get started with Excel macros and VBA in 3 days.
- The VBA Basics text-only course.
- VBA Basics is a text-only course for VBA beginners.
It is a wonderful detailed introduction in a simple and understandable way. thank you.
Love the courses/lessons. They have assisted me in understanding and writing VBA code.
Bonus #6: Expert support (USD 147+ value).
If there's anything in the Excel Macros for Beginners video course or other Training Materials included in the Excel Macros for Beginners Training Bundle that you don't understand:
- Ask questions; and
- Get advice.
You can do this:
- Through the Course software; or
- By email.
It is refreshing to find someone who shows concern about the satisfaction of their clients as do you. I thank you for that.
Thanks for the continued support. I really appreciated it!!
Note: There are some limitations to these support services. For example, we can't (i) complete, (ii) partially develop, (iii) fully develop, (iv) provide advice in connection with, nor (v) answer questions in connection with, any of the following (or anything similar) for you: (i) macros, (ii) VBA procedures, (iii) VBA Projects, (iv) VBA Applications, (v) homework/work/employment assignments. We also can't answer questions on topics not covered inside the Training Materials included in the Excel Macros for Beginners Training Bundle. We're happy to answer qualitative and technical questions that are related to the Training Materials included in the Excel Macros for Beginners Training Bundle.
Bonus #7: Help shape the future of the Power Spreadsheets Academy.
You can help me shape (through your advice, comments, questions, and suggestions) the future of the Power Spreadsheets Academy.
I'm constantly making improvements to the Power Spreadsheets Academy. Any improvements I make to the Excel Macros for Beginners Training Bundle during the term of your Membership and based on your feedback will benefit you.
Bonus #8 (if your email address is eligible): Automatic one-time subscription to The Power Spreadsheets Newsletter.
Get updates and resources to help you be more efficient and work faster with Excel. You can unsubscribe anytime.
Hi, I'm J!
I'm the creator of Power Spreadsheets and (among others) Excel Macros for Beginners. I've been working with, and teaching about, Excel, macros, and VBA for several years.
Nowadays, I spend most of my time working on and researching about:
- Macros; and
However, this wasn't always the case.
Prior to mastering Excel, macros, and VBA, I (also) faced common self-limiting beliefs and doubts:
- I thought that I would never be able to learn how to program; and
- I believed that (only) "certain" people could master tools like macros, and VBA.
My own experience showed me these self-limiting beliefs were wrong. Despite coming from a non-technical background and having no programming experience, I mastered Excel:
- Macros; and
When I started learning about Excel macros, and VBA on my own, I took the long and difficult route. I invested thousands of hours:
- Reading books and blogs;
- Watching video lessons; and
- Visiting online forums.
This trial-and-error approach was flawed. It made the experience:
- Difficult; and
- Less fulfilling.
And that's not even considering the time and money I lost. During my time helping thousands of people, just like you, at Power Spreadsheets, I've noticed that (unfortunately) most of them make similar mistakes to the ones I did.
This is one of the main reasons why I'm constantly developing and refining my training materials.
- I want to save you the:
- Trial and error; and
- I want to teach you how to use macros and VBA:
- Easily; and
I'm convinced that, if I could overcome my limitations and self-limiting beliefs to master Excel macros and VBA, you also can. I didn't have any unique gifts, traits, or experiences to indicate that I would be able to become an authority in the field of Excel macros and VBA.
I'm (also) convinced that you can master macros and VBA without making the same mistakes I, and thousands of others, made.
My experience has allowed me to identify the approaches and processes that work best to learn how to automate Excel with macros and VBA. I know what it takes to take you:
- From a complete beginner with absolutely no knowledge about macros and VBA;
- To a confident Power User who's able to create powerful VBA Applications.
I first applied the learning techniques and strategies I use in the Excel Macros for Beginners Training Bundle to my own process of mastering Excel macros. In other words: I've created the Training Bundle I would've found most useful when I started to learn about this topic.
My experience with macros is similar to yours. I have had some exposure in utilizing macros that others have built but just kind of flag it as something I never learned and therefore cannot do. Something like you say only nerdy people can do. It's time to just get on with it and learn how.
I am really impressed by your road to this amazing knowledge and the challenges you endured to achieve this mastery level of excel knowledge. This give me the strong heart to overcome my believes too and hope to be like you soon. Everything is possible after I learn about your experience.
My work in Excel, macros, and VBA is quoted, and referred to, by Excel, macro, and VBA users (of all levels) at the largest, most reliable, and most prestigious Excel and VBA discussion forums and websites, including the following.
The Training Materials inside the Power Spreadsheets Academy are so detailed and thorough that members come from:
- Top-ranked universities; and
- Top-tier companies.
Here's a small selection of schools and companies where students and professionals have used the Power Spreadsheets Academy.
Note: Students, employees, or other parties related to these organizations have enrolled in the Power Spreadsheets Academy. These organizations do not endorse, approve, sponsor, or otherwise have any affiliation with the Excel Macros for Beginners Training Bundle or Power Spreadsheets.
My 30-Day No-Questions-Asked Money-Back Guarantee Means You Take No Risk
I'm happy to offer you the opportunity to take 30 days (from the date of your initial enrollment) to evaluate everything inside Excel Macros for Beginners. If you're not 100% satisfied, contact me before the end of this 30-day period and ask for your money back. I'll refund your investment, no questions asked.
There is absolutely no risk to you within these 30 days (from the date of your initial enrollment): You can ask for your money back for any reason whatsoever -or for no reason at all.
I trust (both) you and Excel Macros for Beginners. I stand behind the quality of the Training Materials. I'm confident that, if you put in the work, you'll learn how to work with Excel macros. In other words: I'm confident that:
- Excel Macros for Beginners will deliver a lot of value; and
- You'll find Excel Macros for Beginners worth a lot more than what you're paying.
Learn how to start automating Excel with macros now!
ONE (1) YEAR MEMBERSHIP TO THE EXCEL MACROS FOR BEGINNERS TRAINING BUNDLE
THREE (3) YEAR MEMBERSHIP TO THE PSA PLATINUM TRAINING BUNDLE
1 payment of 2,046.8+ 497
4 monthly payments of 511.7+ 147 each
Prices above are in USD and do not include taxes (if applicable).
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions
How do I access the Training Materials included in the Excel Macros for Beginners Training Bundle after enrollment?
You can access the Training Materials included in the Excel Macros for Beginners Training Bundle through the Power Spreadsheets Academy.
You can log into the Power Spreadsheets Academy (using the account you created when enrolling) by going to PowerSpreadsheets.com/login.
Can I access the Excel Macros for Beginners Video Course from anywhere?
You can watch the video lessons on any device. For the best experience possible, I suggest you watch these amazing HD videos on a desktop browser.
How long do I have access to the Training Materials?
You'll have access to the Training Materials included in the Excel Macros for Beginners Training Bundle for one (1) year, starting on the date of your initial enrollment. After this one (1) year Membership term, your Membership (and access) to the Excel Macros for Beginners Training Bundle and all associated Training Materials (including all Bonuses) will end (automatically).
Can I download the Training Materials?
You can download all the Training Materials included in the Excel Macros for Beginners Training Bundle.
- Slide decks.
- Example Excel workbooks.
Is Excel Macros for Beginners for beginners? Do I need to have any particular experience/knowledge to use the Training Materials included in the Excel Macros for Beginners Training Bundle?
I designed the Excel Macros for Beginners video course with the macro beginner in mind. You should have a reasonably good grasp of Excel.
However, you don't need to:
- Be an advanced Excel user; or
- Have any experience or knowledge about:
- VBA; or
- Programming of any kind.
Excel Macros for Beginners, as implied by its name, is for beginners.
- The video course doesn't cover advanced VBA topics.
- Some of the tools, strategies, and techniques you learn about are (however) commonly used by macro and VBA users of all levels.
- By the end of the video course, you'll know how to create basic but powerful macros.
I start with the most fundamental macro and VBA topics. The first few modules of the video course focus on tools and features that you access inside Excel. From there, each lesson gets into more advanced and powerful topics. However:
- I explain all topics clearly.
- I walk you step-by-step through the entire process.
In other words: If you have a reasonable working knowledge of Excel and want to learn how you can start automating Excel by using macros and VBA, you're ready for the Excel Macros for Beginners video course!
Are these Training Materials for Mac or Windows?
I designed the Excel Macros for Beginners Training Bundle for Excel for Windows.
What Excel version do I need?
I recorded the Excel Macros for Beginners video course, and prepared the Training Materials included in the Excel Macros for Beginners Training Bundle, on a computer:
- Running Windows; and
- Using Excel 365.
I suggest working with the most recent version of Excel for Windows. With Microsoft 365, you can (always) access the most recent version of Excel.
If you don't have Microsoft 365, don't worry. You should be able to follow the Training Materials if you have Excel 2013 or later.
How long is the Excel Macros for Beginners Video Course?
The Excel Macros for Beginners video course is self-paced.
- There are 60 video lessons. The total length of these video lessons is slightly more than 9 hours (approximately 9:05:19).
- The average video lesson length is approximately 7:28. The median video lesson length is approximately 7:40.
- The shortest video lesson is approximately 2:02.
- The longest video lesson is approximately 21:44.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept the following payment methods:
- Major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover).
- Apple Pay or Google Pay (if available on your device).
How is my credit card payment processed?
Teachable is the Payment Collection Agent for the Power Spreadsheets Academy. Teachable is an online course platform used by more than 100,000 content creators who've sold over $1 billion in online courses and coaching.
Teachable uses Stripe to process credit and debit card transactions. Stripe is a secure payment gateway used to process billions of Dollars in payments each year for companies like Kickstarter, Twitter, Instacart, and Lyft.
We (at Power Spreadsheets) don't have access to (nor see) your credit card information.
What if I'm unhappy with the Training Materials?
Oh no! I don’t want you to be unhappy with the Training Materials.
If you're unhappy with the Training Materials (for any reason), please let me know within the thirty (30) days immediately following your initial enrollment and I'll refund your payment.
What do I do if I need help or have more questions?
If you have questions related to the Excel Macros for Beginners Training Bundle, please contact me:
- By replying to any of the emails I send you (if you're already part of the Power Spreadsheets Newsletter); or
- Through the Contact Form here.
I do my best to answer your question(s) within 1 business day.
Copyright © 2015–2023 PDS Intelligence Pte. Ltd. All rights reserved