The Courses inside the Power Spreadsheets Academy are the best and most efficient way to:
- Master Excel macros and VBA;
- Start automating Excel and tasks;
- Save time for the things that really matter to you; and
- Open new career opportunities.
The Power Spreadsheets Academy currently has the following 4 main courses. I'm, however, constantly making improvements and creating new training materials.
Use the following Table of Contents to navigate to the Course or Course Bundle you're interested in.
(Free) Course #1: Introduction to Excel Macros
One of my objectives at Power Spreadsheets is to create a training system that starts at the beginning (a 101) and takes you to a high level of understanding.
I created Introduction to Excel Macros to help you through the beginning stages of learning about, and working with, Excel macros.
Introduction to Excel Macros is a free 3-lesson course designed to help aspiring macro users learn the basics and start creating macros without programming. In these 3 comprehensive lessons, you learn:
- What Excel macros are.
- How you can start creating Excel macros without programming.
- What Excel macros can do, and what are the main ways they can help you.
You can get immediate free access to Introduction to Excel Macros by subscribing to the Power Spreadsheets Newsletter.
Course #2: Excel Macros for Beginners
Excel Macros for Beginners is the best and most effective way to start automating Excel with macros and VBA.
I built Excel Macros for Beginners with you in mind. If you're an Excel macro beginner and you're looking for help with each step along the way, this is the course for you. In this Course, I help you with all the necessary set-up and preparation to start creating macros and working with VBA, including:
- An in-depth understanding of the main tools and features you work with;
- How to set up Excel to work with macros;
- How to create macros without programming;
- How to ensure your macros work as expected; and
- How to understand, interpret and troubleshoot basic VBA statements.
Excel Macros for Beginners has 11 modules with 54 videos (over 8 hours in total!) taking you from the most basic questions you may have about Excel macros (what are they? what are they useful for?) to completing a simple but powerful VBA Application.
Enrollment for the Excel Macros for Beginners Course is by invitation only. You can join the waitlist and be the first to know when the doors to Excel Macros for Beginners open again by subscribing to the Power Spreadsheets Newsletter.
(Free Email) Course #3: VBA Basics
VBA Basics is a free 14-lesson email course designed to help aspiring VBA users:
- Learn about the most basic VBA; and
- Start using them when working with VBA code.
In 14 comprehensive lessons, you learn:
- How to create procedures which, as you learn in this Course, are the rough (programming) equivalent of macros.
- The basic structure and components of a VBA statement.
- How to identify and refer to the elements of the Excel application you want to manipulate.
- How to manipulate the Excel Application and its elements.
- How to work with cell references, expressions and operators in VBA.
- How to work more efficiently with the data you manipulate.
- How to make different macros work together.
- How to pass data between macros (from one macro to another).
- How to work with functions in VBA.
- How to create your own custom functions.
- How to make decisions and proceed one way (or another) depending on whether a condition is met.
- How to repeat a set of actions with VBA.
- How to create macros that are executed automatically upon an event occurring.
You can get access to VBA Basics by subscribing to the Power Spreadsheets Newsletter.
Course Bundle #4: VBA Fundamentals
VBA Fundamentals is the best and most effective way to master VBA and start automating advanced Excel tasks with VBA. VBA Fundamentals is a 2-part Course bundle.
I built VBA Fundamentals with you in mind. If you have a basic knowledge of Excel macros (as I cover in the Excel Macros for Beginners Course), want to take your macro and VBA skills to a higher level, and you're looking for help with each step along the way, this is the course for you. In these Courses, I help you understand the constructs and strategies required to start working with VBA, including:
- An in-depth understanding of the main VBA constructs you work with;
- How to appropriate write macros;
- How to correctly refer to the Excel elements you want to work with;
- How to manipulate those elements;
- How to create simple and elegant VBA code; and
- How to reduce the risk of errors or bugs in your VBA code.
VBA Fundamentals is divided in 2 parts:
- Part I contains 12 modules with 261 videos; and
- Part 2 contains 8 modules with 211 videos.
Overall, VBA Fundamentals contains over 18 hours of video lessons. This includes more than 120 Practice Lessons, where you create useful, practical and powerful macros that you can easily adjust and implement in your day-to-day activities.
Enrollment for VBA Fundamentals is by invitation only. You can join the waitlist and be the first to know when the doors to VBA Fundamentals open again by subscribing to the Power Spreadsheets Newsletter.
Premium Training Package: PSA Platinum
PSA Platinum is the most comprehensive training package in the Power Spreadsheets Academy.
I value all my students... but wanted to do something EXTRA SPECIAL for you, if you want to obtain the most value of what I have to offer. Therefore, I've bundled all the course in the Power Spreadsheets Academy into this package.
PSA Platinum gives you access to all the courses that you'd very likely invest in over time anyway... and lock in the best price as a "thank you" for signing up early. PSA Platinum currently includes the following courses:
- Introduction to Excel Macros.
- Excel Macros for Beginners.
- VBA Fundamentals.
- The Excel Examples and Cheat Sheets Collection, a collection of Excel-related files which includes hundreds of cheat sheets and Excel workbook examples to help you become a more powerful and efficient Excel user.
Enrollment for PSA Platinum is by invitation only. You can join the waitlist and be the first to know when the doors to PSA Platinum open again by subscribing to the Power Spreadsheets Newsletter.