Use the following Table of Contents to navigate to the section you're interested in.
Excel Macro and VBA Courses at The Power Spreadsheets Academy
The Courses inside the Power Spreadsheets Academy are the best and most efficient way to:
- Master Excel macros and VBA;
- Start automating Excel and tasks;
- Save time for the things that really matter to you; and
- Open new career opportunities.
The Power Spreadsheets Academy currently has the following 4 main courses. I'm, however, constantly making improvements and creating new training materials.
(Free) Course #1: Introduction to Excel Macros
One of my objectives at Power Spreadsheets is to create a training system that starts at the beginning (a 101) and takes you to a high level of understanding.
I created Introduction to Excel Macros to help you through the beginning stages of learning about, and working with, Excel macros.
Introduction to Excel Macros is a free 3-lesson course designed to help aspiring macro users learn the basics and start creating macros without programming. In these 3 comprehensive lessons, you learn:
- What Excel macros are.
- How you can start creating Excel macros without programming.
- What Excel macros can do, and what are the main ways they can help you.
You can get immediate free access to Introduction to Excel Macros by subscribing to the Power Spreadsheets Newsletter.
Course #2: Excel Macros for Beginners
Excel Macros for Beginners is the best and most effective way to start automating Excel with macros and VBA.
I built Excel Macros for Beginners with you in mind. If you're an Excel macro beginner and you're looking for help with each step along the way, this is the course for you. In this Course, I help you with all the necessary set-up and preparation to start creating macros and working with VBA, including:
- An in-depth understanding of the main tools and features you work with;
- How to set up Excel to work with macros;
- How to create macros without programming;
- How to ensure your macros work as expected; and
- How to understand, interpret and troubleshoot basic VBA statements.
Excel Macros for Beginners has 11 modules with 54 videos (over 8 hours in total!) taking you from the most basic questions you may have about Excel macros (what are they? what are they useful for?) to completing a simple but powerful VBA Application.
Enrollment for the Excel Macros for Beginners Course is by invitation only. You can join the waitlist and be the first to know when the doors to Excel Macros for Beginners open again by subscribing to the Power Spreadsheets Newsletter.
(Free Email) Course #3: VBA Basics
VBA Basics is a free 14-lesson email course designed to help aspiring VBA users:
- Learn about the most basic VBA; and
- Start using them when working with VBA code.
In 14 comprehensive lessons, you learn:
- How to create procedures which, as you learn in this Course, are the rough (programming) equivalent of macros.
- The basic structure and components of a VBA statement.
- How to identify and refer to the elements of the Excel application you want to manipulate.
- How to manipulate the Excel Application and its elements.
- How to work with cell references, expressions and operators in VBA.
- How to work more efficiently with the data you manipulate.
- How to make different macros work together.
- How to pass data between macros (from one macro to another).
- How to work with functions in VBA.
- How to create your own custom functions.
- How to make decisions and proceed one way (or another) depending on whether a condition is met.
- How to repeat a set of actions with VBA.
- How to create macros that are executed automatically upon an event occurring.
You can get access to VBA Basics by subscribing to the Power Spreadsheets Newsletter.
Course Bundle #4: VBA Fundamentals
VBA Fundamentals is the best and most effective way to master VBA and start automating advanced Excel tasks with VBA. VBA Fundamentals is a 2-part Course bundle.
I built VBA Fundamentals with you in mind. If you have a basic knowledge of Excel macros (as I cover in the Excel Macros for Beginners Course), want to take your macro and VBA skills to a higher level, and you're looking for help with each step along the way, this is the course for you. In these Courses, I help you understand the constructs and strategies required to start working with VBA, including:
- An in-depth understanding of the main VBA constructs you work with;
- How to appropriate write macros;
- How to correctly refer to the Excel elements you want to work with;
- How to manipulate those elements;
- How to create simple and elegant VBA code; and
- How to reduce the risk of errors or bugs in your VBA code.
VBA Fundamentals is divided in 2 parts:
- Part I contains 12 modules with 261 videos; and
- Part 2 contains 8 modules with 211 videos.
Overall, VBA Fundamentals contains over 18 hours of video lessons. This includes more than 120 Practice Lessons, where you create useful, practical and powerful macros that you can easily adjust and implement in your day-to-day activities.
Enrollment for VBA Fundamentals is by invitation only. You can join the waitlist and be the first to know when the doors to VBA Fundamentals open again by subscribing to the Power Spreadsheets Newsletter.
Premium Training Package: PSA Platinum
PSA Platinum is the most comprehensive training package in the Power Spreadsheets Academy.
I value all my students... but wanted to do something EXTRA SPECIAL for you, if you want to obtain the most value of what I have to offer. Therefore, I've bundled all the course in the Power Spreadsheets Academy into this package.
PSA Platinum gives you access to all the courses that you'd very likely invest in over time anyway... and lock in the best price as a "thank you" for signing up early. PSA Platinum currently includes the following courses:
- Introduction to Excel Macros.
- Excel Macros for Beginners.
- VBA Fundamentals.
- The Excel Examples and Cheat Sheets Collection, a collection of Excel-related files which includes hundreds of cheat sheets and Excel workbook examples to help you become a more powerful and efficient Excel user.
Enrollment for PSA Platinum is by invitation only. You can join the waitlist and be the first to know when the doors to PSA Platinum open again by subscribing to the Power Spreadsheets Newsletter.
Other Excel Courses
My main purpose at the Power Spreadsheets Academy is to help you become an Excel Power User. I work (and will continue to work) very hard to achieve this purpose.
However, Excel is a massive topic. Therefore, I'll probably won't be able to cover absolute everything about Excel.
I'm also aware that I don't have all the answers. I'm constantly learning new things about Excel.
This list of other Excel Courses is my attempt to gather and organize some useful Excel Courses. Much of my knowledge of Excel comes from some of the materials and experts I share here. I hope they help you as much as they've helped me.
Some of the links in this list of Excel Courses are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you.
A free on-demand video-based course tailored for beginners who are interested in learning Microsoft Excel.
An Excel course covering everything from beginner topics right through advanced. Pick and choose what you need to learn to get your skills up to date, and skip the lessons you don't need.
The Course covers all of Excel's must-know features which include:
- The Excel Ribbon.
- Formulas and functions.
- Excel Tables.
- Pivot Tables.
- Conditional Formatting.
- Macros and BA.
- Data Validation.
- New Excel 2016 features.
- Keyboard shortcuts.
Master advanced Excel techniques. Solve complex problems fast. Learn advanced Excel skills to save time and impress.
This course helps you build a strong foundation in Excel and solve complex problems fast by learning:
- 10 tips to save time.
- 10 formulas for quick and dynamic analysis.
Charts, Dashboards and Data Visualization
Gain advanced Excel skills to create impressive Excel graphs for your Excel reports.
This Course provides you with an advanced toolkit of knowledge that will take the design of your Excel charts, tables and reports to the next level.
Create impressive Excel waterfall charts for your reports, from scratch. No add-ins, no VBA.
In this Course, you learn how to include different variations of the waterfall chart in your reports.
A complete, step-by-step instruction to developing Excel dashboards and data visualizations.
Learn how to create interactive Excel dashboards that update with the click of the Refresh button or with a simple copy and paste of your new data into your spreadsheet.
Actionable Excel tips you can use right now to create eye-catching Excel dashboards.
This Course teaches you to create well-designed Excel dashboards so you and your colleagues can see trends and make quick decisions informed by data.
Get up to speed with using Excel Pivot Tables for Pivot Table newbies. This Course goes through the most important features and tools available in an Excel Pivot Table. The Course is designed for Excel 2007, 2010 or 2013.
Learn the most important tools that are available in an Excel Pivot Table. Learn how to:
- Analyze lots of data and tell a story in a quick and interactive way.
- Build dashboards.
A comprehensive online course to quickly increase your data and Excel skills and master Excel reports.
In-depth, crisp knowledge upgrade for those who use Pivot Tables already.
The Course also serves as a start for those who have never used Pivot Tables. It starts from scratch and helps you become a master Pivot Table user.
Learn how to start using Power Pivot for Excel, creating your own data models.
This Course introduces Power Pivot to any user who knows Excel and wants to create reports with more complex and larger data structures than a single table made by a few thousand rows.
Learn the DAX language to improve Power Pivot models and publish them on Power BI or SharePoint.
This Course improves your skills on Power Pivot for Excel, introducing you to the DAX language and important features such as CALCULATE and Time Intelligence functions.
Improve your Power Pivot skills to master level, learning advanced DAX functions and data modeling techniques.
This Course enables you to master Power Pivot for Excel. You will understand DAX in depth, which is required for writing complex calculations.You also learn how to create complex reports and data models by leveraging advanced features of both Excel and Power Pivot.
Course that teaches you how you can use Power Pivot to perform powerful data analysis right from within Excel, bringing self-service business intelligence to your computer.
Learn to master Power Pivot for Excel and DAX. This bundle includes the 3 courses of the Power Pivot Workshop:
The Beginner Course introduces Power Pivot to any user who knows Excel and wants to create reports with more complex and larger data structures than a single table made by a few thousand rows.
The intermediate Course improves your skills on Power Pivot for Excel, introducing you to the DAX language and important features such as CALCULATE and Time Intelligence functions.
The Advanced Course enables you to master Power Pivot for Excel. You will understand DAX in depth, which is required for writing complex calculations.You also learn how to create complex reports and data models by leveraging advanced features of both Excel and Power Pivot.
Power Query (Get & Transform)
Course that helps you to get up and running with Power Query, including:
- Installing Power Query (if required).
- Getting your data from a range of different sources.
- Cleaning and transforming data.
- Merging and unpivoting.
- Writing and editing basic queries using Power Query's language, known as M.
An introductory course to Power Query. The Course walks you through:
- How Power Query works.
- Connecting to basic data sources.
- Performing simple transformation techniques.
- Combining data from multiple sources.
- Loading the prepared data in Microsoft Excel and Power BI Desktop.
- Learn the various techniques within Power Query or Get & Transform to clean and transform your data and consolidate reports without the need to use formulas or macros.
- Use Excel formulas and functions to pull data out and reorganize it to your desired outcome.
- Learn the various data analysis tools within Excel to easily find and clean your data.
Power BI course created from the point of view of an Excel user. With this course, you can follow a logical path to learn all you need to know to build amazing interactive dashboards with Power Bi.
Data Analysis, Statistical Analysis and Modeling
A complete, step-by-step online course showing you how to plan, design and maintain Excel models.
An in-depth training on Excel and Power BI for busy professionals who use Excel a lot at work.
This Course seeks to make you highly proficient in the use of Excel and Power BI for business data analysis, dashboard creating and reporting the professional way.
Specific Applications of Excel
Learn how to leverage some of Excel's tools for financial analysis, including:
- Time Value of Money functions.
- What-If Analysis, including Goal Seek and Data Tables.
- Amortization and Depreciation.
- Introduction to Solver.
Excel Certification specifically designed for accounting and finance professionals. A comprehensive program that demonstrates Excel proficiency and the ability to apply it to common accounting and finance tasks.
Learn how to leverage some of Excel's tools for making business decisions under uncertainty, including:
- Simulations (Monte Carlo).
- Decision Trees.
- Forecasting, including use of the Data Analysis Toolpack.
This course shows you step-by-step how to increase your efficiency and accuracy in collecting and analyzing data, creating forecasts and generating clear, meaningful charts and reports.